There’s so much buzz about self-care these days.
Everywhere you look, websites and magazines are talking about how to take care of yourself. And that’s because it’s so important! People are finally starting to open up to the idea of putting themselves first so they can live happier, fuller lives. Self-care is a major part of that and doesn’t mean getting expensive foot massages at the spa (but you are more than welcome to indulge!).
Practicing self-care means carving out chunks of time for yourself It’s time spent doing things that make you feel relaxed, reenergized, and just plain better!
If movement helps you feel alive, you might try…
- Taking a 10-minute walk on your lunch break
- Doing a few sun salutations before you get in the shower
- Signing up for that yoga class you’ve been putting off doing
- Going for a solo hike, taking in all the sights and sounds nature has to offer
If alone time helps you recharge, you might try…
- Treat yourself to a new book and schedule in 15 minutes each night to read
- Indulging with a bubble bath once a week
- Writing a letter to a friend or family member
- A solo Netflix & chill night
If spending time with others gives you a zest for life, you might try…
- Setting up a weekly coffee date with a good friend
- Calling a friend who lives away via Skype
- Taking a class or workshop
If being creative inspires joy in you, you might try…
- Dusting off the old pencil crayons for some colouring time
- Asking a friend to join you for a DIY night
We’d love to hear what you’re doing!